POSITION: Office Manager
REPORTS TO: President and Chief Executive Officer
ABOUT WASHINGTON LEGAL FOUNDATION
For more than 40 years, Washington Legal Foundation (WLF) has served as the nation’s premier public-interest law firm and policy center. WLF’s mission is to protect and preserve America’s free-enterprise system by litigating, publishing and advocating for a limited and accountable government, individual and business civil liberties, and the rule of law.
To-date, WLF has filed over 1,400 legal briefs in state, federal, and U.S. Supreme Court cases, submitted more than 840 comments to various state and federal administrative agencies, and prepared more than 2,500 legal studies publications. These briefs and publications are a key resource relied upon by our nation’s decision-makers, which include the judiciary, government leaders, policy officials, attorneys, academic professors and the media.
WLF is seeking to hire an Office Manager who will be responsible for coordinating functions across its Litigation, Legal Studies, and Communications Divisions. This individual will oversee aspects of fundraising, communications, publication and filing deadlines, media and donor outreach, and a variety of related duties and tasks to support senior management.
This position combines strategic thinking and strong execution skills. The incumbent is responsible for implementing policies and procedures to strengthen the operational effectiveness of the Foundation.
Compensation package includes salary, health, paid vacation leave, and related benefits commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
• Seven (7) or more years management experience, preferably working with nonprofit foundations for at least three (3) of those years
• Bachelor’s Degree at an accredited college or university required; graduate degree in public policy, policy administration, business, or communications preferred
• Strong writing, communications, and public speaking skills
• Knowledge and experience related to fundraising strategies, including corporate fundraising, and donor relations specific to nonprofits
• Demonstrated ability to oversee multiple projects and collaborate with teams on different policy issues
• Ability to work alongside attorneys, chief counsels, and manage diverse teams
• Proven track record of integrity, collegiality and collaboration in working with colleagues
• Must be self-directed and able to manage competing priorities and multiple assignments within designated time frames
• Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning and operations
• Ability to effectively articulate WLF’s mission and core principles to a diverse donor group
Application materials consist of:
• A current resume
• A cover letter outlining the applicant’s background, experience, and interest in the position
• A recent writing sample (within last 12 months)
• Unofficial copies of credentials, certifications, and/or transcripts reflecting the position requirements
Constance C. Larcher, President and Chief Executive Officer
Washington Legal Foundation
2009 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20036
Posting Date: 9/13/2017